Tuesday, November 16

Current Reads

Skinny Bitch: I greatly enjoy the no-nonsense approach of the authors, Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin - they definitely have the "tough love" thing down. And, at times they are quite funny with their not-so-lady-like language, like when they inform the reader that yes, "You need to exercise, you lazy shit." (Yes, I do).  I also appreciated their information about the American meat industry, the marketing of gross food that has no nutritional value and is chemically fortified. It has given me reason to pause and think about what I am putting into my body. As for not drinking soda, liquid satin they claim, done. Coffee, however? I'll think about it as soon as I am not up at four am with a toddler, trudging through a day of eleventh graders and ending it all with a sea of tattle-telling cheerleaders.

Luxe - a guilty pleasure. If you are a fan of Gossip Girl, then this nineteenth century series of scandal and glamor will be right up your alley.

Water for Elephants - Just beginning it, but have heard good things.

No comments: